Sunday, June 05, 2005

Once again

I just watched the incredibles on DVD, good movie. What thrilled me even more was one of the little extras, a video essay by Sarah Vowell (voice of Violet and also one of my favorite writers!) So, yeah, I'm bit obsessed, and I can't help it. The way I figure though, she is a much better person to idolize than some stupid pop star or wanna be activist actor (Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, I'm pointing at you). I don't think I'd be star struck if I bumped into, say... John Malkovitch on the street (which I have, literally, didn't know it was him, a bit embaressing really) but if I saw her in the street I would be totally tongue tied.

But I can never really talk about her to anyone because no one really knows who she is (except for dorks like me, and I don't hang out with dorks like me, I hang out with a compeltely different set up dorks). So here I am, just iterating my undying love for Sarah Vowell.

I'd like to say it's the last time but I can't be sure, I still haven't read her newest book. Once I do, I'm sure I'll post once more just to say how great she is.

But I'm not obsessed, at least not in any sort of crazy way.

No comments: