Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Because Rawbean did it first

When I have no ideas of my own I steal from where ever I can find. But as I learned in school if you call the rip off a homage, then everything's copacetic. Thus in order for people to learn more about me (though I can't imagine why anyone would want to), this is my homage to Rawbean's rant. Judge away.

DVD's I own:
Jurassic Park
The Cat's Meow
No Man's Land
Oscar
Gun Shy
Grosse Pointe Blank
Cowboy Bebop (the series and the movie)
Dark City
LA Story
His Girl Friday
Pirates of the Carribean

It's a very sad collection but one day, when I have more money it will grow. Nothing to really brag about, and a little to be embaressed of, those are my owned DVDs (there might be one or two more that I have forgot about - I'm at work right now and I'll double check when I get home tonight).

Because I feel a little silly with such a short list, here is another short one of DVD's I plan to own.

Run Lola Run
Amelie
All of Wes Anderson's Films
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
As many Marx Brother films as I can find
Man on Fire
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
Fight Club
The Indiana Jones Trilogy

6 comments:

rawbean said...

All good calls on your list of plan to owns. I LOVE Amelie. Such a rich movie visually. Have you seen any other movies directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet? The City of Lost Children and Delicatessan are definitely worth checking out. I've been meaning to rent The City of Lost Children to watch again. The cinematography is soooo good.

Liz said...

Mine's even sadder than yours. I only own BAck to the Future trilogy, A nightmare on Elm Street, the first 3 Harry Potter movies and Pirates of the Carribean. I love Fight Club too!

Hazed said...

I kinda like your list, Amichai. Lots of the movies you have AND ones you plan to own.

If you liked Fight Club, I strongly encourage you to read more of Chuck Puhlen...I never can spell his name, dangit - he's the author of the BOOK, Fight Club... He has a very strange mind, but can draw you into a world of wonderment and amazement and make you look at the world around you in an entirely different light. His stuff is not for the faint of heart, though.

Hazed said...

Oh, 2 more must-haves (that I don't have yet! but will) are Shawshank Redemption, with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman, and A Beautiful Mind, starring Russell Crowe. I think those 2 movies can interest most tastes, but that's only my opinion :)

Lady K said...

You just gave me a GREAT idea for a post. This is me, stealing you blind...hee hee!

Princess Pessimism said...

Ameile is in my top 5 all time favorite movies....And is my favorite chick flick of all time.