Thursday, January 06, 2005

aww crap

I was reading the news and came across an article published by Reuters which has a quote from the US Attorney General Nominee Alberto Gonzales. When asked by Arlen Spector, a republican senator from Pennsylvania, if he (Gonzales) condemns the torture techniques featured in the now widely publicized images from abu Grahib. Gonzales response:

"Let me say senator that as a human being I am sickened and outraged by those photos," Gonzales said.

Now, not having read the transcript, and perhaps this is just poor reporting, but it seem so to me that Gonzales didn't actually answer the question. He was sickened and outraged by those photo's sure, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be, but as his position as deputy attorney general, and now as attorney general, does he condemn those techniques? I don't know. he didn't say. He might very well not condemn them. There is a difference between not liking something but accepting it as necessary and condemning something altogether.

But that's just my thoughts.

Uh... Carry on then

No comments: