Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Some sort of pun with knows and nose

It's a little after 3:30 am and I can't sleep. My nose is congested and the pressure is keeping me awake. I don't have medical insurance and I can't afford a doctor so I did what any rational person would do. I rolled up into a ball and cried in frustration (I'm awfully tired), then checked Webmd.com to see if maybe I can self-diagnose my problem. Based on my reading I've decided I'm ok, only my nasal lining swells (not an excess of mucus so there is nothing to blow out) restricting my air passages. This is exacerbated due to allergies and I think over use of nasal sprays like afrin (well in this case specifically afrin). I never use Afrin more than three days in a row. What these sprays do is reduce the nasal lining to increase air flow. the down side, when you stop using said sprays the nasal lining becomes more swollen than when you started. Maybe I'm just more susceptible than most, or maybe though I think I'm being frugal with the spray I still use it too frequently. Either way, I have to avoid allergic reactions (cats, well really fluffy cats - so I probably won't be going to my father's house this weekend) take over the counter decongestants, and drink lots of water. Also I have to eat healthier, but I should do that anyway.

I'm far too tired, congested and cranky to come up with a closing catchphrase.

No comments: